In this article, we'll look at how you can create your own content Items and templates in Sales Assist.
Create and manage your own Items
You can create your own content Items directly within Sales Assist. This is useful for bringing documents you've created outside of Uberflip into Sales Assist, such as slide decks, spreadsheets, etc., or other one-off documents you've created especially for certain prospects. Unlike Items from your organization's content library, Items you have created are available only to you.
This feature is great for bringing in pricing sheets — especially in combination with the passphrase protect feature.
Depending on the content you're working with, you have two options when creating your own Items: you can either embed (iframe) the content, or display a link to open the content in a new tab.
Embed the content
If the content you want to share is allowed to be embedded, you can simply enter the URL where the content is hosted (e.g. a Google Docs URL), and Sales Assist will display that content within the Item:
You can embed almost any content that is hosted on the web and which is allowed to be embedded (not all content can be displayed in an iframe):
- URLs that end with a supported Office Document filetype extension (.doc/.docx/.ppt/.pptx/.xls/.xlsx) will be displayed using the Office Web Viewer
- URLs ending with .pdf will be displayed using the Google PDF Viewer
- URLs to Google Docs file (including Docs, Sheets, Slides, etc.) will be displayed using the relevant Google viewer for that file type
Due to Dropbox restrictions, Sales Assist can't display content hosted on Dropbox by default. If you want to bring in content from Dropbox, your Sales Assist admin must complete additional setup steps.
Display a Link
Some content can't be embedded, such as Zoom or Gong recordings. In these cases you have the option of displaying a placeholder within your Item instead, with a button that opens the content in a new tab:
Using this option allows you to "embed" any kind of content in your Items, even if that content does not allow embedding.
To create and manage your own Items, follow these instructions:
You can create your own Items, which you can share directly or add to Streams like any other Item in Sales Assist.
- Click on Search in the navigation menu.
- Below the search box, click on the My Items button:
- Click on the Create an Item button.
- In the Create and Insert Your Own Item window, paste the URL of your content into the Embed URL field:
- Sales Assist will attempt to get an appropriate title, description, and thumbnail image for your content from the metadata of the URL you provided. If it can find these details, it will automatically prefill the relevant fields for you.
- If the content can't be embedded (e.g. because the website prevents embedding of their content), check the box beside Display Link instead of iFrame:
- If needed, complete (or edit) the Title and Description fields.
- If you want to change the thumbnail image (or set one, if none was found) for your Item, either:
- Enter the URL of the image you want to use (the URL must end in an image extension, like .jpg, .png, etc.), or
- Click on an image in the image library created by your Sales Assist admin, to use it for your Item:
- Optionally, you can also add some additional text that will be displayed below the embedded content. To do so, click on Add Context for Prospect, then type your text into the field that appears.
- When you're ready, click on the Create button to create your new Item.
- You'll be returned to the My Items view in the Search section, where you'll see your new Item listed:
- From here, you can view details and a preview of your new Item, add it to a Stream, or share it directly — just like any other content Item.
You can modify or delete Items you have created at any time.
- Click on Search in the navigation menu.
- Below the search field, click on My Items.
- Find the Item you want to edit or delete in the list and hover your mouse over it.
- Click on the Edit button:
- The Edit Your Item window will open:
- To edit the Item: Use the fields to make any changes, then click on the Edit Item button to save your changes.
- To delete the Item: Click on the delete (trash) button in the lower left corner. After confirming that you want to continue, your Item will be deleted immediately (removing it from any Streams you had placed it in).
Create your own templates
The primary account owner is not able to create templates using the steps below. The primary user (and all admin users) can create and manage templates in the Admin section of Sales Assist, under the Templates tab.
In addition to the system templates that are created by your Sales Assist admins, you can also create personal templates to style your Streams. Unlike system templates, personal templates are available only to you.
To create and manage personal templates, follow these instructions:
You can create your own personal templates, which you can use just like system templates in Sales Assist.
- Click on Search.
- Add Items that you want to be part of the template to your basket, then click on the New Stream button.
- The Item(s) you add to your basket in this step will be part of the template, i.e. they will be added to the Stream anytime you select this template. If you prefer to create a template with no Items included, simply choose any random Item for this step, then remove it later.
- In the Create a New Sales Stream form, skip directly to the template dropdown and choose the option + Create New Template:
- The Create a New Sales Stream form will change. Enter a name for your template, then click on the Create New Template button:
- The Manage Template page will open on the Items tab. Here you can remove items from the template that you added in Step 2 (if you want a template with no Items):
- Click on the Details tab. Here you can customize your template in the same way you would customize a Stream. On templates specifically, you can:
- Set the name and description of your template (these are only visible to you, and are not part of any Streams you create from this template)
- Add a custom banner image which will appear on all Streams created from this template
- Add a passphrase which will be applied to all Streams created from this template
- Add a Gate CTA
- Any changes you make on this page will be saved automatically, so you can simply exit this page at any time (by navigating to another part of the app).
- Once created, your templates will appear as an option when creating or editing a Stream:
You can modify or delete your personal templates at any time.
- Click Sales Streams in the navigation menu.
- The Your Sales Streams section will list your personal templates alongside your Streams, marked with a Template (paint drop) icon:
- Hover your mouse over the template you want to manage, then click on the Edit button:
- The Manage Template window will open. Here you can:
- Edit the template:
Click the Details tab, and use the fields and tabs to make changes. Any changes you make are saved automatically.
- Add Items:
Click the Items tab, then click Add Items. Add the Items to your basket, then click Current Template.
- Remove Items:
In the Items tab, hover your mouse over the Item, then click Remove.
- Edit the template: