If you primarily use Outlook for your email outreach, you can use the Sales Assist Add-in to easily share personalized content right inside Outlook.
Before you begin
- This guide is intended for people who are already familiar with Sales Assist. Not sure what that is or why you'd use it? Check out our Quick Start Guide for Sales Assist.
- To use this add-in, you'll need one of the following versions of Outlook:
- Desktop Office 365 on Windows 10 or macOS (subscription)
- Desktop Outlook 2016 or later on macOS only (non-subscription; Windows not supported)
- Web-based Outlook on the Web/Outlook.com with any browser except IE11 (subscription or free)
Non-subscription Outlook on Windows
On Windows 7, 8.1, and 10, non-subscription versions of Outlook (i.e. Outlook 2016 or later) use IE11 to display Add-ins. Because IE11 cannot display Sales Assist correctly, the Sales Assist Outlook Add-in does not work with non-subscription Outlook on Windows.
Install the Sales Assist Add-in for Outlook
No matter which version of Outlook you use, the installation process is the same. Any Add-ins you install in Outlook on the Web will also appear in Outlook desktop as long as you sign in to both with the same account. As a result, you can use the instructions below even if you use a desktop version of Outlook.
Just follow these instructions to install the Sales Assist Add-in on your Outlook account:
- Log in to your Microsoft account at https://outlook.live.com/
- If you use a desktop version of Outlook, this should be the same email account you're signed in to in Outlook.
- Click on New Message:
- In the email editor window, click on the ... button near the bottom:
- Click on Get Add-ins:
- The Add-Ins for Outlook window will appear. Click on My add-ins in the sidebar:
- On the right, find the Custom add-ins section. Click on +Add a custom add-in, then click on Add from URL...:
- Paste in this URL into the text box:
- In the next window, click on Install. After a brief moment, the Uberflip for Outlook extension will appear under the Custom add-ins section:
- That's it, the Sales Assist Add-in is installed! You can now use it to easily share personalized content with your prospects. To open the Sales Assist Add-in, just click the ... button while composing an email, then click on Sales Assist by Uberflip:
Additional information for Windows users
If you are using a desktop version of Outlook on Windows, you should ensure that you have updated both Windows and
Outlook will display the Sales Assist Add-In using an embedded browser.