Learn how to install, set up, and administer Sales Assist in your Uberflip account.
Before you begin
- Anyone can use Sales Assist to share Sales Streams. But only users with a Sales license can create Sales Streams in Sales Assist.
- To register your Uberflip account in Sales Assist and perform the initial setup, you must be logged in as the Primary User on your Uberflip account.
- To perform the other actions described in this guide, you must be a member of the Account Administrators user group in Uberflip.
- You can optionally modify which user group can perform administrative actions in Sales Assist in the app's settings.
- If your Hub uses Front End V2, you must also install the Compatibility Pack app to use Sales Assist. If you are not sure if your Hub uses Front End V2, see this article for help.
About Sales Assist
What is Sales Assist?
Sales Assist is a next-generation sales engagement app for Uberflip. It's designed to help your Sales team leverage your Uberflip content for outreach, in a way that meshes seamlessly with their existing tools and workflows.
Because Sales Assist is a responsive web app, it works pretty much everywhere: users can access it on a desktop or mobile browser, as a Chrome extension, or as an Outlook add-in. As a result, Sales Assist gives your organization's Sales reps a way to access your Uberflip content wherever they happen to be working: in sales tools like Salesloft, in their emails, or on their phones.
Using Sales Assist, your Sales team can:
- Quickly search your Uberflip library to find the perfect content for their needs, using smart search powered by tag groups
- Create their own content Items for super-personalized outreach
- Build and personalize Sales Streams in seconds, using brand-compliant templates
- Easily share Sales Streams (or individual Items) with prospects by choosing from a variety of embed options, then simply copying and pasting an embed into an email
- Automatically track how prospects are engaging with shared content, and receive real-time notifications when someone visits a shared link
What you'll learn
Follow this guide to learn how to get your organization up and running with Sales Assist, including:
- How to install and configure the Sales Assist app in your Uberflip account
- How to set up your Sales Assist environment, including:
- Creating templates, preset Sales Stream Banner+Logo Stream styles for different use cases, verticals, etc.
- Creating tag groups, collections of related tags to help users quickly surface relevant content
- Building an image library for Sales reps to use on their self-created Items
- How to onboard your users to Sales Assist
- How to configure optional settings to tweak Sales Assist to your specific needs and preferences
Quick start guide
Just want to get started with Sales Assist as quickly as possible? Here are the basics:
- Install the app: Go here to install Sales Assist in your Uberflip account.
- Complete the registration process:
- Log in to Uberflip as the Primary User and click on Sales Assist in the sidebar menu.
- Click on Login with Uberflip (you'll be logged in automatically).
- After you have logged in, select the Hub in which you want to use Sales Assist to complete the registration process.
- You're done!
- Explore the app: Now that you've set up the app, feel free to start playing around! To help you get oriented, all you need to know is that Sales Assist consists of four main areas:
- Search: Find content Items (or create a new Item) and use it to create and share a new Sales Stream.
- Streams: View previously created Sales Streams to share, edit, or copy them.
- Shares: Track how recipients are engaging with Items and Sales Streams shared through Sales Assist.
- Admin: Administer the behind-the-scenes functions of the app, which includes setting up tag groups, templates, and images to help your Sales users find content and create more attractive Sales Streams.
- Onboard Sales users: When you're ready to to get your Sales reps into Sales Assist, simply ask them to log in, either by going to https://sa.uberflip.com in any browser, or by using the Chrome extension. Be sure to point them towards the Quick Start Guide for Sales Users to help them get started.
For in-depth instructions on how to set up and use Sales Assist, read on for the full guide.
Install and configure Sales Assist
In this section, we'll look at the setup process for adding Sales Assist to your Uberflip account.
Step 1: Install the Sales Assist app
To begin using Sales Assist with your Uberflip account, simply install the app from the Uberflip Marketplace by following these instructions:
- Log in to your Uberflip account.
- Go to the Sales Assist listing page in Uberflip Marketplace.
- Click on Install.
- If the app has been successfully installed, you'll see Sales Assist listed under Marketplace > Installed Apps in Uberflip.
- After you've successfully installed Sales Assist, you can register your Uberflip account in the app.
Step 2: Register your Uberflip account in Sales Assist
This step must be completed by your Uberflip account's Primary User.
After you have installed the Sales Assist app, you need to register your Uberflip account in Sales Assist. As part of this registration process, Sales Assist will:
- Create a Sales Assist account for your organization: This account is tied to your Uberflip account, allowing users in that account to create their own Sales Assist users.
- Give the Sales Reps user group in your account access to the app: Sales Assist will assign the Sales Reps user group the necessary permissions to use the app (see below).
- Allow you to choose which Hub to use with Sales Assist: The selected Hub will be the home of all Sales Streams created through Sales Assist, as well as templates and Items created by users (however, if you have multiple Hubs, users will still have access to content from all Hubs when creating Sales Streams).
- Create a special Blog Stream within the selected Hub: To house content Items created by Sales Assist users, the app will create a special Blog Stream in your designated Hub.
Follow these instructions to register:
- Log in to Uberflip as the Primary User.
- In the sidebar menu, click on Sales Assist:
- If you do not see the Sales Assist menu option in the sidebar, the app has not yet been installed: make sure to install the app first.
- Click on Login with Uberflip:
- After you successfully log in, use the dropdown to select the Hub that you want to use with Sales Assist:
- IMPORTANT: Choose the Hub carefully, because you won't be able change your selection later! Remember that this selection does not affect which content your users will have access to, only where their Sales Streams, templates, etc. will be created.
- Click on the Select Hub button to proceed.
- Sales Assist will take you to the Defaults tab in the Admin section. You'll see a message indicating that the special Sales Assist Blog Stream has been created, as well as the IDs of the selected Hub and the new Sales Assist Blog Stream:
- You're done! The registration is complete, and you can now begin using the app.
Set up and manage your Sales Assist environment
In this section, we'll look at how you can set up your Sales Assist environment to help your users get the most out of the app.
Access the Sales Assist Admin section
To set up and manage your Sales Assist environment, you'll use the app's Admin section. To access the Admin section, follow these instructions:
- Log in to Sales Assist as an Admin User
- See User types below for more information on who can sign in to Sales Assist as an Admin User
- Click the Admin button:
- This will open a dropdown menu, which contains five options:
See how your team's shares are performing with Sales Assist's Analytics summary dashboard.
See Sales Assist: Team stats for admins to learn more.
Sales Assist makes your Uberflip tags even more useful by allowing you to collect thematically related tags into tag groups. For example, you might create a Stage tag group if you tag content based on the audience's funnel stage (i.e.
TOFU), or create tag groups for industry, buyer persona, product, etc.
With tag groups, your Sales Users don't need to know what tags you use, or spend a lot of time searching for the right ones. Instead, you can use tag groups todisplay just the tags that are relevant to your Sales team, organized by category, right in Sales Assist's Search section:
If you want to use tag groups in your Sales Assist environment, follow these instructions to learn how to create a tag group and add tags and delete tags and tag groups:
Create a tag group and add tags
- Log in to Sales Assist as an Admin User
- Click Admin > Tags
- Initially there is only the default tag group, Content, which is empty:
- To create a new tag group, simply type the name of the tag group you want to create into the Create New Tag Group box:
- Click on Create. The newly created tag group will appear below the default Content tag group:
- To add tags to a tag group, start typing the name of a tag into the search box. Sales Assist will display any tags that match your search:
- To add a tag to a tag group, click on it in the search results. Whenever you add a tag, it is always added to the Content tag group first:
- From here, simply click-and-drag the tag to the tag group you want to assign it to:
- Repeat this process to create more tag groups and add further tags to them. You can create as many tag groups as you need.
- Any tag group that contains at least one tag is displayed in the Search section of the app below the search box. The tags it contains are shown in a dropdown:
- Optional: Drag-and-drop tag groups to reorder them however you'd like
Delete tags and tag groups
- Go to Admin > Tags.
- To remove a tag from a tag group, just click the x beside the tag:
- To delete a tag group, first delete all tags from the tag group (or move them to other tag groups), then click on its delete button:
- You can delete any empty tag group except the default Content tag group.
To improve performance, Sales Assist pulls in tags from your Uberflip account and stores them in its own database. After a tag has been pulled in, Sales Assist does not check for any changes to that tag on the Uberflip side.
This means that if you rename a tag in Uberflip, this name change will not be automatically reflected in Sales Assist. Whenever you rename a tag in Uberflip, you will also need to delete this tag from your Sales Assist tag group(s), then add it again under its new name.
In Sales Assist, you can create templates which your Sales Users can use to quickly build great-looking Sales Streams. These templates leverage Uberflip's built-in Banner+Logo Stream appearance options, so you can add banners, titles, auto-selected company and prospect logos, and even pre-selected content to create preset Stream styles for a variety of use cases.
For example, you could create templates for each industry you target, such as a Manufacturing template with an industrial-themed banner and a few pieces of your best manufacturing-specific content. Then, all your Sales Users need to do is select the template as a base for their own Sales Stream, add a few pieces of content and their own personalized message, and their Stream is ready to go in just minutes:
How does this work?
A Sales Assist template is essentially a special Sales Stream. Whenever a Sales User creates a new Sales Stream in Sales Assist and selects a template, Sales Assist makes a copy of the underlying "template" Sales Stream to create the new Sales Stream, which applies the same appearance options and Items to the newly created Stream.
If you want to use templates your Sales Assist environment, follow these instructions to learn how to create and build up a template, modify or delete a template, and set a default template:
Create and build up a template
- Log in to Sales Assist as an Admin User
- Click Admin > Templates
- Click on the Create New Template button:
- Give your new template a name, then click on Create Template:
- Your newly created template will be listed on the Templates tab as a private template. This means that it is currently only visible to you, and that you are able to manage the template:
- Click on Manage beside the template to customize its appearance and (optionally) add default Items:
- This will open the underlying Sales Stream that powers the selected template. Click on the Stream's Appearance tab to customize the template's visual elements:
- Sales Assist has already set the Banner+Logo appearance option for this Stream, so just set the Stream's appearance options as desired, i.e. the banner, text, colors, etc.
- For instructions on how to configure these options, see this article.
- Optionally, you can also add default Items to the template: these Items will be "pre-filled" in any Sales Stream created from this template (alongside Items added by the user who created the Sales Stream). To add default items, go to the Items tab, click on Manage Items, then simply add the desired Items to the Stream.
- When you've finished customizing the template Stream, go back to Sales Assist and click on Admin > Templates to view the list of templates again.
- To make your new template available to Sales Users in your organization, make it public by clicking on the eye button beside it:
- This will move the template to the list of public templates:
- When you make a template public, any Sales User who creates a new Sales Stream in Sales Assist will be able to select that template as an option in the Template dropdown:
Modify or delete a template
- Log in to Sales Assist as an Admin User and go to Admin > Templates.
- If the template is currently public, you must first make it private before you can modify or delete it. To do so, click on the eye button beside the template you want to manage in the list of public templates:
- To modify a template, click on the Manage button beside it, then make changes to the underlying Sales Stream as needed.
- To delete a template, click on the Manage button beside it. While viewing the underlying Sales Stream, click on the ... button on the right, then click on Archive Stream:
Set a default template
You can set any template as the default template. This means it is automatically pre-selected in the Template dropdown when creating a new Sales Stream in Sales Assist (rather than the None option).
- Log in to Sales Assist as an Admin User and go to Admin > Templates
- Find the template you want to set as the default and click on the star beside it to set it as the default:
- The selected template will now appear as the default choice when creating a new Sales Stream in Sales Assist:
When they create Items in Sales Assist, Sales Users can add an image that is displayed as a thumbnail on that Item's tile. By default, users must enter the URL where the image is hosted to add it to Sales Assist.
To make it faster and easier for your Sales Users to add images to their self-created Items (and to encourage them to use images that are consistent with your branding), you can create an image library in Sales Assist. The image library is displayed by default whenever a Sales User creates a new Item in Sales Assist, allowing them to add images with just a click:
If you want to create an image library in your Sales Assist environment, follow these instructions to learn how to add images by URL, add images from the Uberflip Image Manager, and delete images from the image library:
Add images by URL
You can add any image hosted outside Uberflip (i.e. on your own server or any other image host) to the image library using its URL:
- Start by copying the image's URL. The image URL must:
- Point directly to the image: it must end with the image file extension (i.e. .png, .jpg, etc.) to be valid.
- Be the full URL: it must include the "https://" portion.
- Be publicly accessible: it must not require a login to access (or be otherwise restricted).
- Log in to Sales Assist as an Admin User
- Click Admin > Images
- Paste the image URL into the Add an Image by URL field, then click on the green checkmark button to upload the image to the Sales Assist image library:
- Images you've successfully added to the library will appear below the URL field:
- Any images you add to the library will appear in the Create Your Own Item dialog, below the Image URL field:
Add images from the Image Manager
You can also easily add images that have already been uploaded to your Uberflip account, and which appear in the Image Manager:
- Go to Admin > Images.
- Click on the magnifying glass button to the right of the Add an Image by URL field:
- The Image Manager will open in a new window. Using the Image Manager, find the image you want to add.
- Copy the URL that appears beside the image, in the URL column:
- Close the Image Manager window and return to the Sales Assist Images tab.
- Paste the image URL into the Add an Image by URL field, then click on the green checkmark button to upload the image to the Sales Assist image library.
Delete images from the image library
- Go to Admin > Images.
- Find the image you want to delete from the library and hover your mouse over it.
- Click on the delete button that appears:
- The image will be removed from the image library immediately, and will no longer appear when creating a new Item in Sales Assist.
On the Settings page, you can:
- Change the admin user group (see below)
- Manage auto archiving of unused Streams and Items
- See the ID of the Hub where all Sales Streams are created
- See the ID of the Blog Stream where sales reps can author custom Items
- Add keywords for quick search (see below)
Change the admin user group
By default, Sales Assist administrators must be members of the Account Administrators user group in the connected Uberflip account. If you prefer to give a different user group admin access to Sales Assist instead (e.g. if your Sales Assist admins do not need to have administrator access to your Uberflip account), you can change the designated "admin user group" in Sales Assist.
Follow these instructions to change the Sales Assist admin user group:
- Ensure that the Uberflip account you are using belongs to both the current admin user group, AND the user group you want to switch to.
- For example, if the current admin user group in Sales Assist is Account Administrators, and you want to switch it to Content Managers, your Uberflip account must be a member of both user groups.
- Log in to Sales Assist as an Admin User
- Click Admin > Settings
- Under the Basic section, see Admin User Group and use the dropdown to select the user group that you want to give admin access to:
- You can select any existing user group in the connected Uberflip account, including any custom user group.
- To prevent you from accidentally removing your own admin access, only user groups that you are a member of will be listed here (if you're logged in as the Primary User, you'll be able to see all user groups).
- The change will take effect immediately. Once changed, only members of the newly designated user group will be able to access Sales Assist's Admin section.
- Previous Admin Users who are not members of the new admin user group will still be able to access Sales Assist, but will be downgraded to Sales Users (i.e. they will no longer be able to access the Admin section).
Add quick search keywords
- Log in to Sales Assist as an Admin User
- Click Admin > Settings
- In the Settings tab, select Marketing Streams: Quick Search
- In the Quick Search List field, enter your keywords
- Click the enter key on your keyboard after each keyword or term. Each new line while appear as a new quick search option.
That's it! All account users will now see your quick search terms on the Search page > Marketing Streams tab.
Marketing Stream discoverability
In addition to the Admin section settings, you as an admin also have the ability to pin or hide Marketing Streams from the search in Sales Assist, just as you would in Uberflip.
- In Sales Assist, go to the Search section
- Select the Marketing Streams tab
- Find the Marketing Stream you want to pin or hide
- Hover the Marketing Stream and click Configure
- In the modal that opens
- Turn the Show in search results (on by default) toggle off to hide the Stream from search
- Turn the Pin in app (off by default) toggle on to pin the Stream in the Sales Assist search
Onboard your users to Sales Assist
In this section, we'll look at how to add users to your Sales Assist environment.
With the correct permissions granted, any user in your Uberflip account can use Sales Assist to share Streams. And with a sales license, your reps can use Sales Assist to create new Streams for prospects.
Grant access your team access with the following Uberflip system permissions and licenses:
- API Access: Required to access the app
- Edit Stream Appearance: Required for the user to edit the appearance of templates and Sales Streams
- All Users > List and export: Required for core app functionality
- User Groups > List and export: Required for core app functionality
- Current User > View: Required for core app functionality
- Current User > License > List and export: Required for the app to check if the user has an Uberflip for Sales license
- Sales Streams > Update Authentication: Required to enable the Passphrase Protect feature
- Sales license: Required to create Sales Streams
In addition to these Uberflip system permissions, Sales Assist also has its own permissions system that is used to control access to various app features (e.g. creating Items, accessing Advanced Edit options, etc.). These Sales Assist app permissions are automatically granted to the Account Administrators and Sales Reps user groups, but must be granted manually to other users/user groups to give them access to the corresponding app functionality. See below for further details.
When granting the necessary license and permissions, you can do so at either the individual user level, or at the user group level. If granted at the user group level, the license and permissions will be granted to all members of the user group automatically, including any members added in the future.
Sales Assist has two user types that provide different levels of access to the app:
- Admin User
- Has access to all areas of the app including the Admin section.
- Uberflip users who are members of the Account Administrators user group (or members of admin user group, if set to a different user group) are created as this user type.
- Sales User
- Has access to all areas of the app except the Admin section.
- Users who are members of the Sales Reps user group (or users who are a member of any other user group and who meet the requirements) are created as this user type.
To onboard your users to Sales Assist, simply ask them to log in to the app using their Uberflip account login credentials (the email and password they use to log in to Uberflip, or your Single Sign-On service).
Your users can log in to and use Sales Assist with any of these options:
- By going to https://sa.uberflip.com/ in any browser (desktop or mobile)
- By logging in to Uberflip and clicking on Sales Assist in the sidebar menu
- By installing and opening the Sales Assist Chrome extension (available from the Chrome Web Store here)
- By installing and opening the Sales Assist Outlook Add-in (see this article for installation instructions)
After a user logs in successfully there is no further setup needed, so your users can immediately start using Sales Assist.
To get your Sales Users up and running with Sales Assist, give them the Quick Start Guide for Sales Reps.
If any user in an Uberflip account (regardless of user group) attempts to log in to Sales Assist before the Primary User has completed the registration process, they will see an error message indicating that their account could not be created.
Configure optional settings
In this section, we'll look at optional Sales Assist settings that you can use to adjust the app to your preferences.
Enable enriched notifications
Sales Assist will send notifications to users whenever someone visits a link that was shared through the app. By default, the app sends basic notifications, which do not identify the visitor.
If you have integrated your Hub with a supported Marketing Automation Platform (MAP; any of Oracle Eloqua, Marketo, Pardot, or HubSpot) you can configure Sales Assist to send enriched notifications that incorporate visitor information from the connected MAP. In addition, you can also configure a backup enrichment source to include additional detail in notifications for cases when the visitor is not known to your MAP.
To learn how to enable and configure enriched notifications in Sales Assist, see this article:
Configure access to app features using permissions
Sales Assist has its own system of app permissions which are used to control access to various features within the app. By default, the Account Administrators and Sales Reps user groups are granted all permissions, which means they have access to all features in the app. You can configure these permissions to customize access within the Sales Assist app to your needs:
- If you prefer for your Sales Users not to have access to certain features, you can simply revoke the corresponding permissions from those users. For example, if you do not want your Sales Users to be able to create their own Items, you can revoke that permission, and the option to create Items will be hidden in Sales Assist. Alternatively, you can also configure the permissions to give varying levels of access to different users or user groups, e.g. Account Executives are able create Items while BDRs are not, etc.
- If you use a different user group than the default Sales Reps user group for your Sales Users, you'll need to grant the necessary permissions to the appropriate user group.
To learn about Sales Assist's app permissions and how to configure them, see this article:
Set up separate Sales Assist experiences for different user groups
By default, you'll set up a single Sales Assist environment for all your Sales Users. But if a one-size-fits-all approach doesn't work for your organization, you can choose to set up separate environments for different user groups within your Sales Assist account.
Sales Assist environments are completely distinct from one another: each environment can have its own unique tag groups, templates, and image library, so you can customize the experience to the specific needs of each user group. When you create a new environment you can also choose which Hub it should be linked to, so you can either create multiple separate ways to use Sales Assist within the same Hub, or even use environments to use Sales Assist with multiple Hubs.
To learn how to create separate environments in Sales Assist, see this article:
Want to learn more about Sales Assist? Check out these articles:
- User Guide for Sales Users: Learn how to use the Sales Assist features that Sales Users can access.
- Track your teams share engagement: See how your team's shares are performing with Sales Assist's Analytics summary dashboard
- Frequently Asked Questions: Have questions about the app? Find answers to the most commonly asked questions here.
- Install the Outlook Add-In: Learn how to install the Sales Assist Add-in for Outlook.