SnapApp is being retired. This product and all of its features will be shutting down on Aug. 1st 2022. For more information, check out Announcement: Retiring SnapApp.
Learn how to integrate your Marketo account to feed leads from SnapApp to Marketo.
Before you begin
- You will need a Pardot account with Admin permissions.
- You will also need a SnapApp Admin level user to make the initial connection.
- Ensure that you don't use Single Sign On to access your Pardot account, use a Pardot Login that does not have Single Sign On.
About the Pardot integration
If you use Pardot as part of your marketing tech stack, you can integrate it with your SnapApp account to get the most out of both platforms.
With Pardot specifically, you have the option of adding these leads to your Pardot Campaigns, and/or Pardot Lists. As well as mapping all question and answer data to specific Pardot fields.
In this article, we'll look at how to set up the prerequisites for integrating your account with Pardot, how to configure the integration, and optional steps to enable additional data collection.
Prerequisite: Get pardot credentials
- First log into your Pardot account. Hover over the account menu in the upper right side of the screen and select "Settings," as pictured below.
- From the Settings menu, copy your Pardot account email, password and User Key.
Step 1: Connect your account to pardot
Once you have your Pardot access credentials, you're ready to connect your account to Pardot.
- Log in to your SnapApp account and select the Account tab.
- Under Account, select Integrations.
- The Pardot info credentials will appear. Here, type in the credentials you obtained previously:
- Click UPDATE PARDOT.
- That's it! Pardot is now connected to your account. Next, we'll have to update your Lead Form to append specific fields/questions & answers to Pardot as well.
Step 2: Enable partner delivery settings
Now that your account is connected, you can enable lead delivery to Pardot directly from each individual SnapApp within the Lead Gens settings and configuration menu.
- On the Lead Gen page, click on the Settings Gear:
- The Lead Gen Settings window will open. Here, click the Delivery tab:
- Select Partner Delivery from the Delivery Method Dropdown.
- Then select, Pardot.
- Once SnapApp has made the connection you will be able to select specific Pardot Campaigns & Lists to associate with your SnapApp Lead Form:
Step 3: Field mapping
The next step is to map your SnapApp form fields to the corresponding destination fields in Pardot. Navigate to the Fields tab of the same config menu to get started.
- Form Fields: Open each form field and locate the “Delivery Code” field. On the Lead Form configuration menu on the "Fields" tab, connect your Pardot form using the "Delivery Code" fields for lead data, question and answer data, and fixed or hidden fields.
- Email Address is required to create new or update existing prospects in your Pardot account so make sure to not to publish your SnapApp without this field in your lead form.
- Question & Result Data: Select "Individual" to deliver each result to individual fields in Pardot or "Combined" to deliver all results to one field.
- Additional Lead Data: Identical to Form Fields, you can opt to deliver additional lead data to any field in your Marketo database.
Now that your Pardot integration is all set up and ready to go, you can Publish your SnapApp and begin collecting leads.