Learn how to integrate your Marketo account to feed leads from SnapApp to Marketo.
Before you begin
- You will need a Marketo account with Admin permissions.
- You will also need an Admin level user to create an “API Only User Role”, an “API User” for that role, and a “Custom Service” in your Marketo account.
About the Marketo integration
If you use Marketo as part of your marketing tech stack, you can integrate it with your SnapApp account to get the most out of both platforms.
With Marketo specifically, you have the option of adding these leads to your Marketo Smart Campaigns, as well as mapping all question and answer data to specific Marketo fields.
In this article, we'll look at how to set up the prerequisites for integrating your account with Marketo, how to configure the integration, and optional steps to enable additional data collection.
Prerequisite: Get API credentials
SnapApp integrates with Marketo via the Marketo API. To set up an integration using the Marketo API, you will need to get API access credentials for your Marketo account. Specifically, you will need:
- Client Id
- Client Secret
- Rest Endpoint
You can find detailed instructions on how to get these details in the articles from Marketo below:
Step 1: Connect your account to Marketo
Once you have your Marketo API access credentials, you're ready to connect your account to Marketo.
- Log in to your SnapApp account and select the Account tab.
- Under Account, select Integrations.
- The Marketo API info credentials will appear. Here, type in the API credentials you obtained previously:
- Click SAVE CONNECTION. You will briefly see a pop up stating: Marketo (REST API) information updated.
- That's it! Marketo is now connected to your account. Next, we'll have to update your Lead Form to append specific fields/questions & answers to Marketo as well.
Step 2: Enable partner delivery settings
Now that your account is connected, you can enable lead delivery to Marketo directly from each individual SnapApp within the Lead Gens settings and configuration menu.
- On the Lead Gen page, click on the Settings Gear:
- The Lead Gen Settings window will open. Here, click the Delivery tab:
- Select Partner Delivery from the Delivery Method Dropdown.
- Then select, Marketo.
- Once SnapApp has made the API connection you will be able to select specific Smart Campaigns and Partitions to associate with your SnapApp Lead Form:
Step 3: Field mapping
The next step is to map your SnapApp form fields to the corresponding destination fields in Marketo. Navigate to the Fields tab of the same config menu to get started.
- Form Fields: Open each form field and locate the “Delivery Code” field. This dropdown pulls in all available fields from the default lead partition in your Marketo account, or the partition specified from the Data Delivery tab (Advanced Marketing Automation customers only).
- Email Address is required to create new or update existing prospects in your Marketo account so make sure to not to publish your SnapApp without this field in your lead form.
- Question & Result Data: Select "Individual" to deliver each result to individual fields in Marketo or "Combined" to deliver all results to one field.
- Additional Lead Data: Identical to Form Fields, you can opt to deliver additional lead data to any field in your Marketo database.
Now that your Marketo integration is all set up and ready to go, you can Publish your SnapApp and begin collecting leads.