Learn how you can embed content from social media sites like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn into your Uberflip blog posts.
Before you begin
- To do this, you need to be an Account Administrator or Content Manager.
About embedding social content in Uberflip
Having a presence on social media is essential, so chances are your organization is already generating a lot of great content on your social media accounts. Virtually all social media platforms make their content embeddable, so you can easily bring your social content into your Hubs to make it part of your content experiences.
Below are some examples of how this looks:
Get an embed code from Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter
The first thing you need to do is get an embed code for the content you want to bring into your Hub. This is usually easy to get for all social platforms, even for accounts that you don't own (or that belong to your organization, but to which you don't have admin access).
Remember that you'll need to get the embed code separately for each individual piece of content (Facebook post, tweet, etc.) that you want to bring in to your Hub.
Here's how to find embed codes for each of the major platforms:
The embed code should look something like this:
<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fuberflip%2Fposts%2F3081105938612087&show_text=true&width=552&height=533&appId" width="552" height="533" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allow="encrypted-media"></iframe>
(The example above is for a Facebook post, but in general, the embed codes will look similar across all platforms.)
Copy the embed code, then proceed to the next step.
Embed a social post in a blog Item
When you have the embed code, you can easily add it to a Blog Item in Uberflip to display the social content when the Item is viewed in your Hub.
- Log in to Uberflip and navigate to the Hub you want to work with.
- In the Content section, find the Blog Stream Item where you want to embed the social content (or create a new Item).
- Open the Item so that you are viewing it in Edit Article mode.
- In the article editor toolbar, click on the Source button:
- Find the place in the article where you want the social content to appear, and simply paste in the embed code:
- Click on the Source button again to exit source code mode, and you should see that an IFRAME placeholder (or, in some cases, a preview of the content) now appears where you placed the embed code:
- Click on Publish when you're ready, and the social content will appear where the iframe placeholder/preview is when the blog post is viewed on your Hub.