Learn how you can set up and change settings for apps that you have installed from the Uberflip Marketplace.
Before you begin
- To configure settings for Marketplace apps installed on your organization's Uberflip account, you need to be an Account Admin or Content Manager.
About Uberflip Marketplace app settings
Many Uberflip Marketplace apps have settings that you need to configure to make the app work in your Uberflip Hubs. There are two levels at which app settings can be applied:
- Account Level Settings: These settings apply across all Hubs in your Uberflip account — even Hubs you add after you first installed and configured an app. Account level settings allow you to quickly configure an app for multiple Hubs at once.
- Hub Level Settings: These settings apply only to the Hub where they were configured. When you configure an app's settings at the Hub level, they will override any account level settings for that app in just that Hub (other Hubs without their own Hub level settings will still use the account level settings).
In this article, we'll look at how to open the Account Level and Hub Level settings pages in the Uberflip platform to configure your installed apps.
This article provides general instructions on how to find the Uberflip platform's built-in app settings pages. App developers can choose if they want to implement only Account Level settings, only Hub Level settings, or both types for their app. As a result, you may not find both levels of settings for certain apps.
In addition, app developers can also opt to not use the built-in app settings pages at all, and may instead place all settings directly in their app's user interface (for an example, see the Image Migrator app). For these apps, you will not be able to access Account Level or Hub Level settings as described in this article.
Make sure to always check an app's Documentation tab in the Marketplace for detailed instructions on how to configure that app.
Open Account Level app settings
If an app uses Account Level settings, follow these steps to configure that app for all Hubs in your Uberflip account.
- Log in to your Uberflip account.
- In the menu bar at the top, hover your mouse over Marketplace.
- In the sub-menu that appears, click on Installed Apps:
- You can also get here by clicking on your name in the top right, then Account Settings > Integration (sidebar menu) > Installed Apps.
- You will now be on the Installed Apps menu, which lists all of the apps that are currently installed in your Uberflip account.
- This list includes all apps installed by any user with app installation permissions in your account — not just apps that you have installed.
- It also includes all apps installed in your account, even apps that do not have Account Level permissions.
- In the list of installed apps, find the app for which you want to configure settings at the account level, and hover your mouse over it. If the app has account level settings, an Edit (pencil) button will appear on the right:
- If no Edit (pencil) button appears, the app does not have Account Level settings (but may still have Hub Level settings).
- Click on the Edit (pencil) button to open the app's Account Level settings page.
Open Hub Level app settings
If an app uses Hub Level settings, follow these steps to configure that app for a specific Hub in your Uberflip account.
- Log in to your Uberflip account and use the Hubs menu to select the Hub for which you want to configure an app's settings.
- In the sidebar menu on the left, click on Integrations > Installed Apps:
- On the right, you will see a list of your installed apps that can be configured at the Hub Level.
- If an app does not appear in this list, it either can't be configured at the Hub Level, or is configurable in a different way (i.e. directly within the app itself).
- Find the app for which you want to configure settings at the Hub level, and hover your mouse over it. An Edit (pencil) button will appear on the right:
- Click on the Edit (pencil) button to open the app's Hub Level settings page.