Learn how you can set up and change settings for apps that you have installed from the Uberflip Marketplace.
Before You Begin
- To configure settings for Marketplace apps installed on your organization's Uberflip account, you need to be an Account Admin or Content Manager.
About Configuring Uberflip Marketplace App Settings
Many Uberflip Marketplace apps have settings that you need to configure to make the app work in your Uberflip account. There are two levels at which app settings can be applied:
- Account Level Settings: These settings apply across all Hubs in your Uberflip account — even Hubs you add after you first installed and configured an app. Account level settings allow you to quickly configure an app for multiple Hubs at once.
- Hub Level Settings: These settings apply only to the Hub where they were configured. When you configure an app's settings at the Hub level, they will override any account level settings for that app in just that Hub (other Hubs without their own Hub level settings will still use the account level settings).
Some apps allow you to configure the same settings at both the account and Hub levels, and some have different settings at each level. In addition, some apps are designed to use only one of the two levels. In general, you should be able to find detailed instructions on how to configure any app in its user documentation (which you can find under the Documentation tab in the app's Marketplace listing).
In this article, we'll look at how to open the account level and Hub level settings pages in the Uberflip platform to configure your installed apps.
This article describes how to find the Uberflip platform's built-in app settings pages. Note that app developers don't have to use these settings pages, and some developers choose to put settings right in their app's user interface instead (for an example, see Uberflip's Image Migrator app). If in doubt, make sure to check the app's Documentation tab in the Marketplace for detailed instructions on how to configure that app.
Open Account Level App Settings
- Log in to your Uberflip account.
- In the menu bar at the top, hover your mouse over Marketplace.
- In the sub-menu that appears, click on Installed Apps:
- You can also get here by clicking on your name in the top right, then Account Settings > Integration (sidebar menu) > Installed Apps.
- You will now be on the Installed Apps menu, which lists all of the apps that are currently installed in your Uberflip account.
- This list includes all apps installed by any user with app installation permissions in your account — not just apps that you have installed.
- In the list of installed apps, find the app for which you want to configure settings at the account level, and hover your mouse over it. If the app has account level settings, an Edit (pencil) button will appear on the right:
- Click on the Edit (pencil) button to open the app's account level settings page.
Open Hub Level App Settings
- Log in to your Uberflip account.
- In the menu bar at the top, hover your mouse over Hubs and click on the Hub for which you want to configure Hub level app settings.
- In the sidebar menu on the left, click on Integrations.
- In the Integrations menu that appears on the right, click on the Apps tab:
- On this page, you will see a list of your installed apps that can be configured at the Hub level.
- If an app does not appear in this list, it either can't be configured at the Hub level, or is configurable in a different way (i.e. directly within the app itself).
- Find the app for which you want to configure settings at the Hub level, and hover your mouse over it. An Edit (pencil) button will appear on the right:
- Click on the Edit (pencil) button to open the app's Hub level settings page.