Learn how to integrate your Hub with Vimeo to pull in video content from your Vimeo account.
Before You Begin
- To integrate Vimeo with your Hub, you need to be an Account Admin or Content Manager.
- You will also need a Vimeo account.
About the Vimeo Integration
Vimeo is an excellent free option for hosting your video content. If you're using Vimeo, you can easily make your Vimeo videos part of your content experiences by bringing them into your Hubs with our Vimeo integration.
Connect your Uberflip and Vimeo Accounts
To bring Vimeo content into your Uberflip account, your first step is to connect your Vimeo account with your Uberflip account. Because the connection takes place at the account level (rather than the Hub level), all Hubs in your Uberflip account will be able to import videos from the connected Vimeo account.
You can only connect one Vimeo account to your Uberflip account at a time.
- Log in to your Uberflip account and navigate to any Hub.
- Although you have to start by choosing a Hub, this process is not specific to any particular Hub, so the results will be the same regardless of the Hub you choose here.
- In the sidebar menu, click Content
- In the Streams tab of the content page, click New Stream
- A modal will open. Click Vimeo in the Source Streams list.
- The Connect your Vimeo account modal will open. Click Connect.
- A Vimeo login page will open. Log in to the Vimeo account you want to connect using any of the available options
- If you're already logged in to Vimeo you won't see this screen, so skip ahead to the next step. Make sure you're logged in to the account you want to connect to Uberflip!
- In the Vimeo Authorize screen that appears, click Allow to confirm that you want to give Uberflip access your Vimeo account
That's it! The login window will close automatically, and you'll be returned to the Content page, with a message that Vimeo was successfully connected.
Create a New Vimeo Stream
Once you have connected your Vimeo account to your Uberflip account, you can begin to pull in video content. To do that, simply create a new Vimeo Stream in Uberflip.
When you create a Vimeo Stream, you can choose to import all videos in the account, or just videos in a specific group (including your own groups, and groups created by other Vimeo users). If you want, you can create multiple Vimeo Source Streams, each of which is connected to a different group. Note, however, that if a video appears in multiple groups, or if you create Streams for both specific groups and with the all videos option, you will have duplicate video Items in your Hub as a result.
Regardless of the option you choose, the Vimeo Stream you create will remain connected to either the account as a whole or the specific group, and will continue to pull in any new content you publish there automatically.
- In Uberflip, navigate to the Hub where you want to create the new Vimeo Stream.
- The new Vimeo Stream will be created under the Hub you choose, and will only be visible on the Streams tab of that Hub. However, the Items pulled into the Stream from Vimeo can be added to Marketing and Sales Stream in any other Hub under the same Uberflip account.
- Click Content > Streams tab > New Stream and click on Vimeo again, as you did when you connected the Vimeo account.
- Because your Vimeo account is already connected, you'll now see the Add a Vimeo Stream screen
- Under Create a Stream from, click the dropdown and choose what you want to import from your account
- After you've selected an option, click Import
- Uberflip will begin importing videos. When this is done, you'll see a confirmation message that shows the number of videos that were imported. To view the content Items that were created for these videos, click View Stream.
That's it! Your Vimeo videos have been imported into your Hub, and are now available to be included in the content experiences you create.
Are you finding that some groups are not showing up when you add a Vimeo Stream? See this article for details on why this is happening and how to fix it.