Learn how to integrate your Hub with YouTube to pull in video content from your YouTube account.
Before You Begin
- To integrate YouTube with your Hub, you need to be an Account Admin or Content Manager.
- You will also need a Google account. The Google account must be associated with a YouTube channel, and the videos you want to import into your Hub must be in this channel.
About the YouTube Integration
YouTube has incredible reach, so chances are you're already using it to host and share your video content. If you are, you can easily make your YouTube videos part of your content experiences by bringing them into your Hubs with our YouTube integration.
Connect your Uberflip and Google Accounts
YouTube content is organized into channels, and all YouTube channels are associated with a Google account. As a result, the first step in bringing YouTube videos into your Hub(s) is to connect your Google account with your Uberflip account (your organization's Uberflip account as a whole, not an individual user account). Because the connection takes place at the account level (rather than the Hub level), all Hubs in your Uberflip account will be able to import videos from the channel owned by the connected Google account.
You can only connect one Google account to your Uberflip account at a time.
- Log in to your Uberflip account and navigate to any Hub.
- Although you have to start by choosing a Hub, this process is not specific to any particular Hub, so the results will be the same regardless of the Hub you choose here.
- In the menu on the left, click on Content.
- You'll see the Manage Content section on the right, where the Streams tab should be selected. Here, click on the New Stream button in the grey menu bar near the top:
- The Add a Stream menu will appear. Click on the YouTube button:
- You should now see the Connect your YouTube account window. Here, click on the Connect button:
- The Sign in with Google login page will appear in a new browser window. Click on the Google account you want to connect in the list (or click Use another account and sign in if the account you want doesn't appear in the list):
- This will take you to the confirmation screen, where you will be asked to confirm that you want Uberflip to be able to view your YouTube account. To proceed, click on Allow:
- The browser window you were in will close automatically, and you will be returned to the Content section of Uberflip, with a message that YouTube was successfully connected.
Create a New YouTube Stream
Once you have connected your Google account to your Uberflip account, you can begin to pull in video content from its YouTube channels. To do that, all you need to do is create a new YouTube Stream in Uberflip.
You can import public and unlisted videos (including live streams), but not private videos.
When you create a YouTube Stream, you can choose between either all videos in the channel, or just videos in a specific playlist. If you want, you can create multiple YouTube Source Streams, each of which is connected to a different playlist. Note, however, that if the same video appears in multiple playlists, it will also be imported into your Hub multiple times (i.e. you will have duplicate Items for the video).
Regardless of which option you choose, the YouTube Stream you create will remain connected to either the channel as a whole or the specific playlist, and will continue to pull in any new content you publish there automatically.
- In Uberflip, navigate to the Hub where you want to create the new YouTube Stream.
- The new YouTube Stream will be created under the Hub you choose, and will only be visible on the Streams tab of that Hub. However, the Items pulled into the Stream from YouTube can be added to Marketing and Sales Stream in any other Hub under the same Uberflip account.
- Click on Content > Streams tab > New Stream button and click on YouTube again, as you did when you connected your Google account.
- Because your Google account is already connected, you will now see the Add a YouTube Stream menu:
- In this menu, choose what you want to import:
- Import all your videos: Select the All Videos option to import all videos from the connected YouTube channel.
- Import a playlist: Select a playlist from the list of playlists in the connected YouTube channel to import just the videos from that playlist.
- Once you have selected an option, Uberflip will begin importing videos. When this is done, you'll see a confirmation message that shows the number of videos that were imported. To view the content Items that were created for these videos, click on the View Stream button:
- That's it! Your YouTube videos have been imported into your Hub, and are now available to be included in the content experiences you create.