Learn how to integrate your Hub with AddThis to customize the social sharing buttons on your Hub.
Before You Begin
- To set up an AddThis integration, you need to be in the Account Admin, Content Manager or Demand Generation user group(s).
- You will also need an AddThis account. You can sign up for a free account here.
About the AddThis Integration
AddThis is a content sharing platform that offers share buttons alongside a variety of other website tools. Although your Hub has built-in share buttons powered by AddThis, integrating with AddThis gives you access to customization and a variety of options for how your share buttons appear on your Hub. In addition, AddThis also has other tools that can help you to increase traffic to your web properties. To learn more about AddThis and what it can do, and to sign up for an account, see the AddThis website.
Integrating your Hub with AddThis is a simple process. All you need to do is get the code snippet that runs the AddThis tool from your AddThis account, then copy a unique code from that code snippet into Uberflip.
Prerequisite: Get AddThis Code Snippet
To integrate AddThis with your Hub, you'll need to get the code snippet that allows the AddThis tools to appear on your Hub. For instructions on how to get the code snippet, see this article from AddThis:
Your code snippet will look something like this:
<!-- Go to www.addthis.com/dashboard to customize your tools -->
addthis_widget.js#pubid=[YOUR ADDTHIS RA CODE]"></script>
Where you see
[YOUR ADDTHIS RA CODE] in the example above, you will see an "RA code" that is unique to your AddThis account. To integrate AddThis with Uberflip, copy only this RA code (not the whole code snippet).
Connect AddThis to Your Hub
All you need to do to integrate your Hub with AddThis is to connect them via the Hub menu.
- Log in to your Uberflip account and select the Hub on which you want to create an integration.
- In the sidebar menu on the left, click on Integrations.
- On the right, you'll see a list of services that Uberflip can integrate with. Find Disqus in the list, then click on its Connect button on the right (under the Action column) to set up the integration:
- A pop-up window will appear. Enter your AddThis RA code (from the code snippet) into the field provided:
- Click on Connect. You'll see a confirmation message that you're connected to Disqus with the specified Profile ID (RA code):
- Make sure that you check the box next to Hide Default Widget: this will prevent the default share buttons from appearing alongside the AddThis share buttons. If you leave this box unchecked, visitors will see two sets of share buttons on your Hub.
- Click on Save, and you will be returned to the to the Integrations page in your Hub, where you'll now see the RA code listed next to AddThis.
- That's it! AddThis is now integrated your Hub, and the share buttons (and any other tools you've configured) will begin appearing in your Hub:
You can configure the share buttons and other AddThis tools, as well as view AddThis-related analytics, directly from the AddThis website. To do so, simply log in to your account.