Learn how to integrate with Optimizely to do A/B testing on your Hub.
Before You Begin
- To set up an Optimizely integration, you need to be in the Account Admin, Content Manager or Demand Generation user group(s).
- You will also need an Optimizely account.
About the Optimizely Integration
Optimizely is an experimentation platform that allows you optimize your digital experiences by A/B testing different configurations. If you have an Optimizely account, you can integrate it with your Hub to test things like:
- Which titles and headlines drive more content click-throughs?
- Which CTA colors drive more engagement?
- What kind of copy works better for your CTAs — direct or playful?
- Are certain types of images more effective than others?
To learn more about Optimizely platform and what it can do, see the Optimizely website.
Prerequisite: Create and Configure an Optimizely Web Project
Optimizely integrates with your Hub using a small piece of code called a snippet. Optimizely organizes your experiments into Web Projects, each of which have their own snippet. Uberflip grabs this snippet from Optimizely automatically: all you have to do is tell us the unique Project ID of the Web Project you want to use with your Hub.
As a result, before you can set up the integration in Uberflip, there are three things you need to do:
- Create a new Web Project for your Hub
- Change a setting so that the Web Project's snippet will work with your Hub
- Get the Web Project's Project ID so that Uberflip can grab the snippet from Optimizely and deploy it on your Hub
Step 1: Create a Web Project
To integrate your Hub with Optimizely, you'll need to set up a new Web Project in Optimizely that is specifically dedicated to running tests on your Hub. We don't have any special requirements for this project — with one exception (see the next step) you can name it and set it up in any way you like.
You can find instructions on how to create a new Web Project in this article from Optimizely:
Step 2: Change the Project's jQuery Setting
Once your new Web Project has been set up, you need to adjust the jQuery setting for the project's snippet. Specifically, under Settings >jQuery Inclusion, you need to make sure the setting for your Uberflip Hub project is set to Do not include jQuery in project code (recommended).
For instructions on how to find and change this setting, see this article from Optimizely:
Step 3: Get your Optimizely Project ID
With your new Web Project set up and configured correctly, the only thing you still need to set up the integration with your Hub is the Web Project's Project ID.
The Project ID in Optimizely is part of the Web Project's snippet: the Project ID is the number right before ".js" in the snippet URL in Optimizely.
For instructions on how where to find the snippet (and its URL and Project ID), see this article from Optimizely:
Connect Your Hub to Optimizely
All you need to do to integrate your Hub with Optimizely is to connect them via the Hub menu.
- Log in to your Uberflip account and select the Hub on which you want to create an integration.
- In the sidebar menu on the left, click on Integrations.
- On the right, you'll see a list of services that Uberflip can integrate with. Find Optimizely in the list, then click on its Connect button on the right (under the Action column) to set up the integration:
- A pop-up window will appear. Enter the Project ID you obtained earlier into the field provided:
- Click on Connect. You'll see a confirmation message that you're connected to the select Web Project:
- Click on Close, and you will be returned to the to the Integrations page in your Hub, where you'll now see the Project ID listed next to Optimizely.
- That's it! The selected Optimizely Web Project is now deployed on to your Hub. You can now start running experiments on your Hub by configuring the Web Project in Optimizely.