Learn how to set up a Google Tag Manager integration to integrate your Hub with third-party tracking, advertising and analytics services.
Before You Begin
- To set up a Google Tag Manager integration, you need to be in the Account Admin, Content Manager or Demand Generation user group(s).
- You will also need a Google Tag Manager account (sign up for free here).
About the Google Tag Manager Integration
Google Tag Manager is a tool that helps you to manage third-party tracking tags, also known as "beacons" or "pixels". Integrating Google Tag Manager with a Hub allows you to deploy any tag that it can manage on that Hub. This, in turn, allows you to easily integrate your Hub with all kinds of third-party retargeting, advertising and tracking tools like AdWords, DoubleClick, AdRoll, and more.
Here are a few examples of the things you can do when you integrate Google Tag Manager with your Hub:
- Use Google Ads tags for conversion tracking and dynamic remarketing of your Hub content.
- Use Google Marketing Platform (formerly DoubleClick) Floodlight Counter tags to track how often visitors land on your Hub content after viewing one of your ads.
- Use an AdRoll tag to track visitors to your Hub and display ads to them related to the Hub content they viewed.
- Use a mouseflow tag to track visitor mouse movement, scrolling, and click locations.
See this page from Google for a full list of supported tags and services.
Prerequisite: Get Google Tag Manager Container ID
To set up a Google Tag Manager (GTM) integration, you'll need to get your Google Tag Manager Container ID. This is a unique ID which identifies the a GTM container you want to use. (If you're not sure what a container is, this overview from Google explains the basic concepts and terminology of Google Tag Manager.)
You can either use an existing GTM container for your Hub, or create a new container specifically for this purpose. If you want to create a new container, see this article from Google for instructions.
Once you have identified the container you want, get your Container ID:
- Log in to Google Tag Manager.
- Click on Workspace and make sure the container you want to use is selected.
- You can find your find your Container ID near the top of the window, formatted as GTM-XXXXXX:
- Copy the Container ID.
Connect Your Hub to Google Tag Manager
All you need to do to integrate your Hub with Google Tag Manager is to connect them via the Hub menu.
- Log in to your Uberflip account and select the Hub on which you want to create an integration.
- In the sidebar menu on the left, click on Integrations.
- On the right, you'll see a list of services that Uberflip can integrate with. Find Google Tag Manager in the list, then click on its Connect button on the right (under the Action column) to set up the integration:
- A pop-up window will appear. Enter your Google Tag Manager Container ID into the field provided:
- Click on Connect. You will be returned to the to the Integrations page in your Hub, where you'll now see the Container ID listed next to Google Tag Manager.
- That's it! The selected Google Tag Manager container is now connected to your Hub, integrating the tags it contains with the Hub.