Get a Hub's sitemap to submit it to Google Search Console.
Access the Sitemap for a Hub
- Open your browser and navigate to your Hub.
- Using the browser's address bar, add /sitemap_index.xml to the end of your Hub's URL. For example, Uberflip's Resource Hub URL is https://hub.uberflip.com, so we would get the sitemap like this:
- Hit Enter on your keyboard to view the sitemap. The result should look like this:
- To share the sitemap (for example with Google), simply copy the full URL, e.g. https://hub.mycompany.com/sitemap_index.xml
Hubs on Subdirectory Custom Domains
The instructions above show how to get a sitemap for a Hub hosted on a subdomain custom domain (e.g. hub.mycompany.com), but you can also get a sitemap if your Hub is hosted on a subdirectory custom domain (e.g. www.mycompany.com/hub). Simply follow the same process of adding /sitemap_index.xml to the end of the URL.
- A sitemap is a general listing of web pages that can be indexed by search engines.
- Submitting your sitemap to Google (via Search Console) can help to get your Hub content crawled and indexed on Google faster.
- The sitemap.xml file for an Uberflip Hub will reference content in the Hub's Home Stream, all Stream pages, and the latest 200 Items in each Stream.
- The sitemap for your Hub will only index content that is not hidden (has a status of Show).