Learn how to integrate your Hub with Google Analytics to gain more insight into Hub visitor behavior.
Before You Begin
- To set up a Google Analytics integration, you need to be in at least one of the Account Administrator, Content Manager or Demand Generation user groups.
- You will also need a Google Analytics account (sign up for free here).
About the Google Analytics Integration
Google Analytics is a powerful (and hugely popular) website analytics tool, so there's a good chance you're already using it with your other web properties. If you're not already using Google Analytics, we highly recommend signing up and integrating it with your Hub: it's free to use, and can offer you a wealth of insights into how visitors interact with your Hub.
When you integrate Google Analytics with your Hub, you'll be able to:
- Track the referral paths of your traffic (i.e. whether someone came to your Hub from Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, paid advertising, or a search engine)
- Map your visitors' behavioral flows through your Hub
- Track conversion events (Form CTA submissions) inside Google Analytics
- See how paid traffic you're sending to your Hub is performing
- Benchmark your Hub's performance against other websites in your industry or vertical
All of this data can help you to better target and focus your content and get more out your Hub.
Prerequisite: Get Google Analytics Tracking ID
To set up a Google Analytics integration, you'll need to get your Google Analytics Tracking ID. This is a unique ID which identifies the specific web property you want to track in Google Analytics.
To get your Tracking ID, create a new property in Google Analytics. See this article from Google for instructions on how to create a new property and get its Tracking ID.
If you already have an existing Tracking ID for your main website, you also have the option of using the same Tracking ID for your Hub. You might prefer this option if your Hub is effectively a "section" of your main website (rather than a standalone experience), and you want your metrics and reporting to reflect this. If you want to use your existing Tracking ID for your Hub, see this article from Google for instructions on how to find it.
Even if you choose to use the same Tracking ID for both your main website and your Hub, you can still separate out the Hub-related data if needed. To do this, add a new view in Google Analytics, then apply a filter that removes all non-Hub-related data from the view. See this article for more information.
Connect Your Hub to Google Analytics
All you need to do to integrate your Hub with Google Analytics is to connect them via the Hub menu.
- Log in to your Uberflip account and select the Hub on which you want to create an integration.
- In the sidebar menu on the left, click on Integrations.
- On the right, you'll see a list of services that Uberflip can integrate with. Find Google Analytics in the list, then click on its Connect button on the right (under the Action column) to set up the integration:
- A pop-up window will appear. Enter your Google Analytics Tracking ID into the field provided:
- Click on Connect. You will be returned to the to the Integrations page in your Hub, where you'll now see the Tracking ID listed next to Google Analytics:
- That's it! Google Analytics is now connected to your Hub, and will began tracking visitors.