Learn how to integrate your Hub with Google Analytics to gain more insight into Hub visitor behavior.
Before You Begin
- To set up a Google Analytics integration, you need to be in the Account Admin, Content Manager or Demand Generation user group(s).
- You will also need a Google Analytics account (sign up for free here).
About the Google Analytics Integration
Google Analytics is a powerful (and hugely popular) website analytics and reporting tool — in fact, there's a good chance you're already using it with your other web properties. Even if you're not already using Google Analytics, we highly recommend signing up and integrating it with your Hub: it's completely free to use, and can offer you a wealth of useful insight into how visitors interact with your Hub.
When you integrate Google Analytics with your Hub, you'll be able to:
- Track the referral paths of your traffic (i.e. whether someone came to your Hub from Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, paid advertising, or a search engine)
- Map your visitors' behavioral flows through your Hub
- Track conversion events inside Google Analytics
- See how paid traffic you're sending to your Hub is performing
- Benchmark your Hub's performance against other websites in your industry or vertical
All of this data can help you to better target and focus your content and get more out your Hub.
Prerequisite: Get Google Analytics Tracking ID
To set up a Google Analytics integration, you'll need to get your Google Analytics Tracking ID. This is a unique ID which identifies the specific web property you want to track in Google Analytics.
If you already have a Tracking ID, for example for your main website, you have a choice. You can either:
- Use the same Tracking ID for your Hub as you already use for your website, or
- Create a new property in your Google Analytics account just for your Hub, i.e. use separate Tracking IDs for your website and Hub.
The difference between the two choices is in how Google Analytics handles the traffic between your website and your Hub. If you prefer to consider visits to your website and Hub (and movement between them) to be part of the same visitor session, you should use the same Tracking ID for both. If you want these to be considered separate sessions, then use different Tracking IDs.
If you have an existing Tracking ID, we recommend using the same Tracking ID for both website and Hub, particularly if your Hub is deliberately integrated with your website (e.g. if they share a header). Even if you use the same Tracking ID, you can still view data for your Hub separately by using segments.
If you prefer to use a separate Tracking ID, you must create a new property in Google Analytics. See this article from Google for instructions.
In either case, you can find instructions on how to get your Tracking ID in this article from Google.
Connect Your Hub to Google Analytics
All you need to do to integrate your Hub with Google Analytics is to connect them via the Hub menu.
- Log in to your Uberflip account and select the Hub on which you want to create an integration.
- In the sidebar menu on the left, click on Integrations.
- On the right, you'll see a list of services that Uberflip can integrate with. Find Google Analytics in the list, then click on its Connect button on the right (under the Action column) to set up the integration:
- A pop-up window will appear. Enter your Google Analytics Tracking ID into the field provided:
- Click on Connect. You will be returned to the to the Integrations page in your Hub, where you'll now see the Tracking ID listed next to Google Analytics:
- That's it! Google Analytics is now connected to your Hub, and will began tracking visitors.