Learn how to integrate your HubSpot account to feed leads from your Uberflip Hubs to HubSpot.
Before You Begin
- To set up a HubSpot integration, you need to be in the Account Admin, Content Manager or Demand Generation user group(s).
- You will also need a HubSpot account with Integration permissions.
- To get the most out of the integration, you should be using Form CTAs to generate leads to send to HubSpot. To learn more about Form CTAs and how to set them up, see this article.
About the HubSpot Integration
If you use HubSpot as part of your marketing tech stack, you can integrate it with your Uberflip account to get the most out of both platforms. Within your Hubs, Form CTAs are a highly effective way to generate leads — over 7x more effective than traditional landing pages. And once you've generated those leads, you need to do something with them — which is where Marketing Automation Platforms (MAPs) like HubSpot shine.
Form CTAs are designed to stream the leads they capture to a MAP, where you can make them part of your lead nurturing strategy. With HubSpot specifically, you have the option of adding these leads to your main contacts list, or to a Smart List of your choice.
When you integrate your account with HubSpot, we also automatically assign all visitors unique IDs (using cookies). This has two effects:
- If a visitor fills out a Form CTA that is connected to HubSpot, the data they enter is tied to their cookie's ID. This allows us to automatically prefill that visitor's data on any other Form CTAs that they interact with.
- Even if a user has not yet filled out a Form CTA, the cookie allows them to be tracked as they engage with your Hub content. If you set up the necessary custom fields in Hubspot, this allows you to track the Items that leads convert on.
In this article, we'll look at how to configure your account to integrate with HubSpot, along with optional steps to enable additional data collection.
Connect Your Account to HubSpot
All you need to do to integrate your Uberflip account with HubSpot is to connect them via the Uberflip app.
- Log in to your Uberflip account and select any Hub.
- In the sidebar menu on the left, click on Integrations.
- On the right, you'll see a list of services that Uberflip can integrate with. Find HubSpot in the list, then click on its Connect button on the right (under the Action column) to set up the integration:
- A new pop-up will appear. Click on Connect in this pop-up:
- Another pop-up will open, taking you to the HubSpot login page. Enter your credentials and click on Log in.
- You'll be prompted to grant a list of permissions to Uberflip for the integration to work. Click on Grant access.
- You'll be directed back to the Integrations page, where you'll now see connected next to HubSpot in the list, as well as three new buttons where the Connect button previously appeared:
- That's it! HubSpot is now connected to your account.
Optional: Enable Flipbook Tracking and Content Counters and Create Custom Fields
While the integration will work if you don't complete this step, it's highly recommended. Enabling Flipbook Tracking and Content Counters will allow you to track visitor behavior within your Hubs, and link it to specific contacts in HubSpot. If you choose to enable these options, you will also need to create some custom fields in HubSpot to be able to record the resulting data.
- On the Integrations page, click on the Edit button that now appears next to HubSpot in the list (under the Action) column:
- The Edit Settings window will open. Here, click on the two checkboxes next to Flipbook Tracking and Content Counters to enable these options:
- Click on Save.
- Now, click on the Fields button next to HubSpot under the Action column:
- The Service Fields window will open. Inside, you'll see a list of all the custom fields that need to be set up in HubSpot to record the data being sent from Uberflip:
- By default none of the fields will exist yet, as indicated by the x in the Status column, and the red coloring. You'll also notice that some of the fields are marked as Required and some as Optional under the Necessity column:
- Required fields are associated with either Flipbook Tracking or Content Counters and will only appear if you enabled these features in step 2 above.
- Optional fields are related to tracking the Item a lead converted on; see the note below for more details.
- To be able to record data in a given field, you must first create it in HubSpot. To create a field, click on the +Add button beside it:
- Once a field has been successfully created, its line will turn grey, the +Add button will disappear, and a checkmark will appear beside it in the Status column:
- Continue clicking the +Add button for each field until you have added all the fields you want to use.
You may have noticed that some of the fields in the Service Fields window are marked as Required and some as Optional. What's the difference?
Required fields are fields which are associated with the Flipbook Tracking/Content Counters options. These options require custom fields, so if you enable them, you must also create the corresponding fields. Note that if you do not enable these options, their fields will not appear in the Service Fields window.
Optional fields are related to tracking the Item a lead converted on. These are optional because, if you do not create them, the corresponding data will still be sent to HubSpot, but will simply not be recorded. Adding these optional fields will allow you to capture potentially valuable insights on which Items are your best performers in terms of conversions, so we strongly recommend adding them.
You're all set: you've successfully integrated your Uberflip account with HubSpot. Next, create some Form CTAs to begin generating leads.