For any existing CTA, you can create Item-specific contextual variations. Here's how.
Before You Begin
- To work with CTAs, you need to be a member of the Account Admin, Content Manager, or Demand Generation Groups.
- CTA Variations can be created for both Link CTAs and Form CTAs.
About CTA Variations
When you create a CTA and place it in different locations around your Hub, the same CTA design will appear in each location. This means that if you use that CTA a lot, it can quickly get a little stale, and will be less effective in generating interest among your visitors.
CTA Variations help you to address this issue by allowing you to create different designs for a single CTA that appear beside specific Items. This lets you get more mileage out of your CTAs, and saves time since you don't have to create and place a bunch of separate CTAs.
Here's how CTA Variations work:
- You can create Variations for any CTA, and for both Link and Form CTAs
- Variations are placed at Item level — they can't be placed at Stream level
- You create Variations for individual Items, and each Variation is specific to that single Item
- Variations can only be placed on Items that are in the Streams on which the original CTA is placed
- When you create a CTA Variation, you can change:
- Color scheme
- Button label
- Link (for Link CTAs)
- Success Message (for Form CTAs)
- Font Size
- You can't change:
- Form fields (for Form CTAs)
- Background images
Here's an example of Variations in action:
- To add a Variation to a CTA, begin by navigating to that CTA in Uberflip (Hubs > Calls-to-Action). Hover your mouse over the CTA and click on Edit:
- With the CTA Editor open, click on Variations at the top.
- Click on the +Add New Variation button.
- The Select Item for Variation window will appear. Choose the Item on which you want the Variation to appear by clicking on it.
- You will now see options for modifying the CTA to create the variant design. Use the dropdowns and text boxes, etc. to make your changes:
- Any changes you make will be saved automatically, and the variation will be deployed immediately.
- You can create as many variations as you like: to add more, just click on the +Add New Variation button. To delete any Variation, click on its Delete button.