For any existing Link or Form CTA, you can create Item-specific contextual variations. Here's how.
Before you begin
- To work with CTAs, you must be a member of the Account Administrator, Content Manager, or Demand Generation user groups.
- CTA Variations can be created for both Link CTAs and Form CTAs.
About CTA Variations
When you create a CTA and place it in different locations around your Hub, the same CTA design will appear in each location. This means that if you use a given CTA a lot, it can get stale, and will be less effective in generating interest among your visitors.
CTA Variations help you to address this issue by allowing you to create different designs for a single Link or Form CTA that appears beside specified Items. This helps you to get more mileage out of your CTAs, and saves time since you don't have to create and place many separate CTAs.
Here's how CTA Variations work:
- Variations are placed at Item level — they can't be placed at Stream level
- You create Variations for individual Items, and each Variation is specific to that single Item
- Variations can only be placed on Items that are in the Streams on which the original CTA is placed
- When you create a CTA Variation, you can change:
- Color scheme
- Button label
- Link (for Link CTAs)
- Success Message (for Form CTAs)
- Font Size
- You can't change:
- Form fields (for Form CTAs)
- Background images
Here's an example of Variations in action:
Add Variations to a Link CTA or Form CTA
You can create Variations for any CTA, and for both Link CTAs and Form CTAs.
- Log in to Uberflip and use the Hubs menu to select the Hub that contains the CTA you want to work with.
- In the sidebar menu on the left, click on Calls-To-Action, then click on either Link Calls-To-Action or Form Calls-To-Action (depending on the type of CTA).
- Find the Link or Form CTA in the list and click on it to open it in the CTA Editor.
- With the CTA Editor open, click on Variations at the top.
- Click on the +Add New Variation button.
- The Select Item for Variation window will appear. Choose the Item on which you want the Variation to appear by clicking on it.
- You will now see options for modifying the CTA to create the variant design. Use the dropdowns and text boxes, etc. to make your changes:
- Any changes you make will be saved automatically, and the variation will be deployed immediately.
- You can create as many variations as you like: to add more, just click on the +Add New Variation button. To delete any Variation, click on its Delete button.