If you use Custom Code to implement customized trackers on your Hub, here's how you can associate them with Privacy Groups for GDPR compliance.
Before you Begin
- To use Custom Code, you need to be an Account Admin, Content Manager, or Developer/Designer.
- In this article, we'll focus on adding existing Custom Code Blocks to Privacy Groups. To learn about creating Custom Code Blocks, see this article.
Custom Code and GDPR
For any Custom Code Block, you have the option of associating it with a Privacy Group. This is basically the same as associating a pre-built Integration with a Privacy Group in the Hub Privacy Options.
In the context of the GDPR, this is useful for Custom Code Blocks that are used for visitor tracking, or which otherwise collect user data. By associating these Custom Code Blocks with a Privacy Group, you give users the ability to give or withhold consent to them, which is required for GDPR compliance.
Assign a Custom Code Block to a Privacy Group
- Log in to Uberflip and click on Hubs (select the Hub you want to work with, if you have multiple).
- In the sidebar menu on the left, click on Appearance > Custom Code.
- You should see your existing Custom Code Blocks on the right. Hover your mouse over the one you want to assign to a Privacy Group, then click on the Edit button on the right.
- The Edit Custom Code view will open. Here, scroll down to the Privacy Group section and use the dropdown to select a Privacy Group to assign this Custom Code Block to.
- Your change will be saved automatically, and will take effect immediately.