Learn how to set a locale for your Hub to notify search engines and browsers which language it uses.
Before you Begin
- To set your Hub locale, you need to be an Account Admin or Content Manager.
About Hub Locale
In Uberflip, setting your Hub's locale allows you to set the HTML lang attribute (which specifies the language that a webpage's content is written in, along with the country) as well as the dir attribute (which specifies reading direction) for your Hub.
These attributes tell search engines and browsers which language your Hub uses, and in which direction it should be displayed. This helps search engines to serve your Hub as a result to users searching in the specified language.
Setting your Hub locale is useful if you have localized Hubs, or if you just want to make your content more accessible and search engine friendly.
Set a Hub Locale
- Log in to Uberflip and click on Hubs (select the Hub you want to set the locale for, if you have multiple).
- In the sidebar menu on the left, click on Hub Options > Advanced.
- Scroll down to the section labelled Internationalization and use the dropdown next to Hub Locale to set the language and country for your Hub.
- Your setting will be saved automatically, and will take effect right away.