In addition to uploading them manually, you can also automatically upload PDFs from an FTP server on a schedule.
Before you Begin
- To use this feature, you need to be an Account Admin or Content Manager.
- You will also need to host your PDFs on an FTP server, and will need to know the details of that server (host, directory, access credentials, etc.)
Set up the FTP Scheduler
You can set up one schedule per Folder.
- Log in to your Uberflip account and click on Flipbooks > Manage Flipbooks.
- If you have multiple Folders, use the dropdown to select the Folder you want to upload to.
- On the left, under Folder Options, click on the Edit button.
- In the menu on the left side, click on Automation to expand that section, then click on FTP Scheduler.
- On the right, check the box next to Activate scheduling for this Folder.
- Additional configuration fields will appear. Under FTP Settings, fill out the fields: type in the host name of your FTP site, the directory where the files to be uploaded are located, etc.
- Under Scheduling Settings, choose how often you want the scheduler to check the FTP server for new files (daily/weekly/monthly), and use the dropdowns to select specific times to for file pickup and Flipbook activation.
- Under Auto Link, choose whether you want to automatically create links in the Flipbooks for websites and emails found in the text.
- Finally, under Flipbook Preferences, choose:
- The naming convention you want the scheduler to use when automatically naming newly imported Flipbooks
- How you want the scheduler to handle files found in the specified directory on the server
- Whether you want to automatically delete Flipbooks
- When you have set everything up, click on Save to save your settings and enable the scheduler.
Run a Report on Your Schedules
To see the status of your scheduled jobs, you can run a report.
- Log in to Uberflip and click on your name in the top right, then click on Account Settings.
- In the menu on the left, click on Reports to expand that section, then click on Schedules.
- On the right, select the criteria for your report and click Search.
- In the results, you will see scheduled FTP jobs that have been attempted, as well as their status:
- Success indicates that the job was completed
- Error indicates a problem with the job: click on the link for more details
- After three failed attempts, the system will not retry again, and you will need to resolve the issue and reschedule the FTP job.