To use the Uberflip API and create custom app integrations, you'll need your Hub ID, API Key, and Secret. Here's how to get them.
Before you begin
- Only the Primary User on an Uberflip account can access the account's API credentials.
- Your API Key & Secret are essentially a form of username and password that give access to your Uberflip account. Make sure to treat them the way you would any other username and password, i.e. keep them secret and share them only with trusted parties.
- Your API Key & Secret gives access to the endpoints described in our API documentation.
Generate a REST API Key & Secret
- Log in to your Uberflip account.
- In the top right corner, hover the mouse over your name to expand the menu, then click on Account Settings to go to your My Profile page.
- In the sidebar menu on the left, click on Integration to expand that section, then click on REST API Credentials.
- On the right, click on Generate API Key & Secret.
- Your API Key and API Secret will appear, along with a time signature that shows when they were generated.
Delete an API Key & Secret
It's a good security practice to rotate your API credentials periodically, which essentially means deleting the existing API Key and Secret and generating new ones. This will help to keep your account secure if your API credentials should become compromised. Of course, you should also do this immediately whenever you suspect that your API credentials have become compromised.
- Log in to your account and navigate to Account Settings > Integration > REST API Credentials.
- You should see your existing API Key and Secret listed on the right. Below them, click on the Delete API Key & Signature.
- In the confirmation prompt that appears, click on OK, and your API credentials will disappear.
- The deleted credentials will immediately be deactivated, so you will have to update any integrations you have created using them with new credentials. To do that, generate new API credentials by clicking on Generate API Key & Secret again.
Get your Hub ID
To create integrations with your API Key and Secret, you'll generally also need your Hub ID, which is a string of numbers that uniquely identifies a particular hub.
- Log in to your Uberflip account and click on Hubs in the top menu bar to expand the Hubs menu.
- Click on the Hub for which you want to get the Hub ID.
- By default, this should take you to the Manage Content menu. Now, look at the URL bar in your browser. You will see something like:
- The string of numbers at the end ("12345" in the example above) is your Hub ID.