If you use a custom domain for your Hub, and your main website uses SSL, we recommend that you enable SSL on your Hub as well. Here's how.
Before You Begin
- To add SSL to a Hub, you need to be the Primary User on the Uberflip account.
- This article applies mainly to the use case of adding SSL to a Hub set up on a custom domain, but you can also set up SSL on the default [mycompany].uberflip.com domain if you like.
- Throughout this article (and elsewhere) we use the term "SSL". SSL has now been deprecated in favor of the newer TLS protocol, but "SSL" is still the more commonly used term when referring to encrypted web connections. To be clear, whenever we use "SSL", we technically mean "TLS" — you should no longer be using SSL on your website or your Hub.
How do I know if my main website uses SSL?
Say your website address is www.mycompany.com. Open your browser and visit your website, then take a look at the address bar. If you see:
- http://www.mycompany.com: You're not using SSL.
- https://www.mycompany.com: You are using SSL.
If your main website uses SSL, then you should set up SSL for your Hub as well.
Add SSL to your Hub
If you want to add SSL to your Hub, you have two options: you can either use the Uberflip Multi-User SSL Certificate, or you can use your own SSL certificate. We'll look at both options in this article.
Note that, in either case, setup must be completed by the Uberflip Support Team. The setup process typically takes approx. 5 business days to complete.
- Log in to your Uberflip account.
- In the top right corner, hover the mouse over your name to expand the menu, then click on Account Settings to go to your My Profile page.
- In the sidebar menu on the left, click on Services to expand that section, then click on Domains.
- On the right side, find the domain you want to add SSL to and click on the +Add SSL button next to it on the right.
- The Add Domain SSL menu will appear. Depending on your preference, choose either Self managed SSL certificate or Uberflip managed SSL certificate by clicking on the radio button next to the one you want.
- Click on Add SSL.
Depending on your choice, your next steps will differ:
- If you chose Uberflip managed SSL certificate, you don't need to do anything further — we'll complete the setup for you.
- If you chose Self managed SSL certificate, you will need to send us the SSL certificate. See this article for instructions.
In both cases, you should hear back from Uberflip Support with an update within a few days.
While SSL is being set up, the domain will remain accessible as-is (with HTTP). Once SSL is turned on, any HTTP links will automatically redirect to HTTPS, which will prevent any duplicate content problems from an SEO perspective.
If you have embedded content such as individual Tiles, Streams, or CTAs from your Hub anywhere else (like your main website), you will need to re-generate the embed codes and re-embed the content after SSL has been enabled.