In some situations you might need to change the Primary User on your Uberflip account, such as if the current Primary User leaves your company.
Before you begin
- To change your account's Primary User, you will need the username/email and password of the current Primary User (if you don't have these details, don't worry — see here for help.)
- The new email address that you want to set on the Primary User's profile can't be attached to any other existing user profile. Before you start, make sure to edit the relevant profile to remove the email address first.
If you can log in as the current Primary User
The first user profile created under your account is automatically and permanently designated as the Primary User, and this status can't be moved to a different user profile later on. So how do you change who is set as the Primary User? Simple: by just changing the name and email address on the Primary User's user profile.
As a result, as long as you know the username and password of the user who is currently set as the Primary User, it's really easy to change the Primary User designation to another user.
- Log in to Uberflip as the current Primary User.
- In the top right corner, hover the mouse over the name to expand the menu, then click on Account Settings to go to the My Profile page.
- In the sidebar menu on the left, the Account section should already be expanded, and you should see the My Profile page in the main part of the window on the right.
- Here, change the First Name, Last Name and Email Address to those of the new person. Remember that the new email address can't be associated with any other user profile: if it's still assigned to another profile, you will see an error message. If this happens, you will have to remove the email address from the other profile before you can add it to the Primary User.
- That's it! Remember to also change the profile picture and bio details if necessary.
If you're not able to log in as the current Primary User
If you don't have the login credentials needed to change the Primary User yourself, please contact Uberflip Support for help.